ALIQUIPPA JR/SR HIGHSCHOOL
TITLE I PARENTINVOLVEMENT POLICY
TheAliquippa School District Board of Education recognizes and is committed to thebelief that all children can learn and acknowledges that parents share theschool’s commitment to the educational success of their children.
Theboard recognizes that a child’s education is a responsibility shared by theschool and family and agrees that to effectively educate all students, theschools and parents must work as knowledgeable partners.
Further,the Board recognizes parent and family involvement as an on-going process thatassists parents and families to meet their basic obligation as their child’sfirst educator, promotes clear two-way dialogue between home and school andsupports parent as leaders and decision makers at all levels concerning theeducation of their children.
Itis the policy of the Aliquippa School District that parent involvement in theTitle I schoolwide program is an integral part of the essence of the program.The following activities will be carried out under the guidance of the ParentAdvisory Council and the Aliquippa School Board. As much, parents will beinvolved in the Title I program through a variety of activities including butnot limited to:
· Informed of specific instruction objectives
· Periodic reporting of a child’s progress in an easily understandableformat
· Conference with teachers to inform parents of curriculum, a student’sprogress and proficiency level
· Provide assistance to parents on the understanding and explanation ofthe state standards and local testing and assessments
· Parents can request meetings with school officials and staff at anytime to accommodate their schedules
· Provision of materials and suggestions to promote education at home
· Conducting of training sessions and promote and provide adult literacyso parents can reinforce education at home
· Provision of timely information concerning the Title I programincluding example program plans and evaluations
· Soliciting parents’ suggestions in the planning, development andoperation of the Title I program and parent compact
· Consulting with parents about how the school can work with them toachieve the program’s objectives
· Provision of timely responses to parents’ recommendations
· Encourage parents to participate on the parent advisory council
· Parents will be encouraged to utilize Title I funds for parentalinvolvement conferences and activities as approved by the School Board
· Parents will be actively involved in the development or refining of abuilding’s school improvement plan.